Family loses home in fire

Family loses home in fire
Published: Sep. 8, 2017 at 10:54 AM CDT|Updated: Sep. 8, 2017 at 1:04 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Fire destroyed a family's house in Memphis early Friday morning.

The fire broke out on Kenneth Street near Stage Road.

Fire crews believe the blaze was caused by an electrical problem.

A family member said the fire started behind their stove.

"We all were sleep," Shequita Brown said. "We had got in the bed and all of a sudden, we heard the smoke alarm go off. We got up and it was the stove. The back of the stove and the cord system."

The homeowner said she and her children have lost everything.

Copyright 2017 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.