Car catches fire inside Madison Avenue auto shop
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Firefighters battled smoke and flames at a Madison Avenue business Tuesday morning.
Crews rushed to the scene at Firestone Complete Auto Care on Madison near Interstate 240 and Camilla Street just before 5 a.m. It took 40 minutes for crews to bring the fire under control.
According to Memphis Fire Department, the fire started inside a car inside the garage due to an electrical malfunction. The fire then spread to the roof.
There were 11 vehicles inside the garage at the time of the fire.
The total damage is estimated at $88,000 to the vehicles, $100,000 to the structure, and $62,000 to the contents of the building. The building did not have a working sprinkler system.
Copyright 2016 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.