Fire breaks out in building with propane, gasoline
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Fire investigators in Corinth, Mississippi battled a fire at a second-hand salvage store in Corinth, Mississippi late Wednesday and early Thursday morning.
Alcorn County Fire Department Chief Ricky Gibbons says there are hazardous materials in the building including propane, butane gas grills, household chemicals, and gasoline.
Alcorn County and Corinth City fire crews worked together to control the blaze from the ground, the air, and with ladder trucks.
The fire broke out around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. In addition to the salvage store being destroyed, the fire damaged nearby businesses.
"This place has been here for a while and it's just, it's devastating to see this happening to him," said Connie Derrick, who lives in Corinth.
Copyright 2015 WMC Action News 5. All rights Reserved.