Cardinals vs. Padres Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 24
The San Diego Padres (76-79) and St. Louis Cardinals (68-87) play a rubber match on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET, with the series deadlocked at 1-1.
The Padres will look to Michael Wacha (12-4) versus the Cardinals and Drew Rom (1-3).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cardinals vs. Padres Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: San Diego, California
- Venue: PETCO Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wacha - SD (12-4, 3.44 ERA) vs Rom - STL (1-3, 6.92 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Padres vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Padres vs Cardinals|
|Padres vs Cardinals Odds|
|Padres vs Cardinals Prediction|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Drew Rom
- Rom (1-3 with a 6.92 ERA and 21 strikeouts in 26 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Cardinals, his seventh of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday against the Milwaukee Brewers, the left-hander went 3 1/3 innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 23-year-old has a 6.92 ERA and 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings across six games this season, while giving up a batting average of .303 to opposing batters.
- So far this season, Rom has not registered a quality start.
- Rom enters this game with two outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
- He has had one appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Michael Wacha
- The Padres will hand the ball to Wacha (12-4) for his 23rd start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed five innings while giving up two earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in 22 games this season with a 3.44 ERA and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .229.
- He has 10 quality starts in 22 chances this season.
- Wacha has started 22 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 17 times. He averages 5.5 innings per appearance.
- He has finished seven appearances without allowing an earned run in 22 chances this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.