Dodgers vs. Giants Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 22
The San Francisco Giants (76-77) will try to stop a three-game losing streak when visiting the Los Angeles Dodgers (94-58) at 10:10 PM ET on Friday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Dodgers will send Caleb Ferguson (7-3) to the mound, while Sean Manaea (6-6) will get the nod for the Giants.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Dodgers vs. Giants Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Time: 10:10 PM ET
- TV: Apple TV+
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Venue: Dodger Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Ferguson - LAD (7-3, 2.88 ERA) vs Manaea - SF (6-6, 4.73 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Dodgers vs Giants Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Dodgers vs Giants|
|Dodgers vs Giants Odds|
|Dodgers vs Giants Prediction|
Dodgers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Caleb Ferguson
- The Dodgers will hand the ball to Ferguson (7-3) for his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed one hit in one inning pitched against the Detroit Tigers on Wednesday.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 63 games this season with an ERA of 2.88, a 3.14 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.385.
- Ferguson has not earned a quality start in five starts this season.
- Ferguson has yet to pitch five or more innings in any of his five starts this season. He averages 0.9 frames per outing.
- He has finished 52 appearances without allowing an earned run in 63 chances this season.
Caleb Ferguson vs. Giants
- The Giants have scored 657 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They have 1228 hits, 24th in baseball, with 165 home runs (19th in the league).
- The Giants have gone 1-for-6 in two games against the left-hander this season.
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Sean Manaea
- Manaea makes the start for the Giants, his ninth of the season. He is 6-6 with a 4.73 ERA and 118 strikeouts in 104 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Sunday against the Colorado Rockies, when the left-hander went 5 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- The 31-year-old has put together a 4.73 ERA and 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 35 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .236 to opposing hitters.
- Manaea enters this outing with one quality start under his belt this season.
- Manaea will try to extend a three-game streak of going five or more innings (he's averaging three frames per appearance).
- He has had 11 appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Sean Manaea vs. Dodgers
- The opposing Dodgers offense has the second-ranked slugging percentage (.459) and ranks second in home runs hit (238) in all of MLB. They have a collective .257 batting average, and are 11th in the league with 1331 total hits and second in MLB play scoring 858 runs.
- Manaea has a 9.82 ERA and a 1.364 WHIP against the Dodgers this season in 3 2/3 innings pitched, allowing a .267 batting average over one appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.