Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Published: Mar. 21, 2023 at 2:39 AM CDT|Updated: Mar. 25, 2023 at 10:39 AM CDT
Saturday's game that pits the Virginia Tech Hokies (29-4) versus the Tennessee Lady Volunteers (25-11) at Climate Pledge Arena is expected to be a competitive matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 69-67 in favor of Virginia Tech. Game time is at 6:30 PM ET on March 25.
The Lady Volunteers are coming off of a 94-47 win against Toledo in their last game on Monday.
Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 6:30 PM ET
- Where: Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Washington
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's tournament game and other live sports without cable!
Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech Score Prediction
- Prediction: Virginia Tech 69, Tennessee 67
Tennessee Schedule Analysis
- The Lady Volunteers captured their signature win of the season on March 4, when they beat the LSU Lady Tigers, who rank No. 9 in the AP's Top 25, by a score of 69-67.
- The Lady Volunteers have five Quadrant 1 wins, tied for the 30th-most in the country. But they also have 11 Quadrant 1 losses, tied for the 12th-most.
- Against Quadrant 2 opponents, Tennessee is 10-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the second-most victories.
Tennessee 2022-23 Best Wins
- 69-67 over LSU (No. 9/AP Poll) on March 4
- 69-51 at home over Colorado (No. 21/AP Poll) on November 25
- 65-51 at home over Ole Miss (No. 21) on February 2
- 68-55 at home over Georgia (No. 32) on January 15
- 80-69 at home over Mississippi State (No. 35) on January 5
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Tennessee Performance Insights
- The Lady Volunteers have a +421 scoring differential, topping opponents by 11.6 points per game. They're putting up 77.4 points per game, 18th in college basketball, and are giving up 65.8 per contest to rank 218th in college basketball.
- In SEC action, Tennessee has averaged 0.9 fewer points (76.5) than overall (77.4) in 2022-23.
- In 2022-23 the Lady Volunteers are averaging three more points per game at home (79.4) than away (76.4).
- At home, Tennessee concedes 61.7 points per game. On the road, it concedes 71.4.
- While the Lady Volunteers are averaging 77.4 points per game in 2022-23, they have bettered that mark in their last 10 games, tallying 79.5 a contest.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.