UConn vs. Baylor Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 19, 2023 at 2:40 AM CDT|Updated: 9 hours ago
Monday's contest features the UConn Huskies (30-5) and the Baylor Bears (20-12) squaring off at Harry A. Gampel Pavilion in what should be a one-sided matchup, with a projected 75-60 victory for heavily favored UConn according to our computer prediction. Game time is at 9:00 PM ET on March 20.
The Huskies took care of business in their last game 95-52 against Vermont on Saturday.
UConn vs. Baylor Game Info
- When: Monday, March 20, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Harry A. Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Connecticut
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's NCAA Tournament game and other live sports without cable!
UConn vs. Baylor Score Prediction
- Prediction: UConn 75, Baylor 60
UConn Schedule Analysis
- The Huskies beat the No. 3 Iowa Hawkeyes in an 86-79 win on November 27, which was their best victory of the season.
- The Huskies have 15 wins over Quadrant 1 teams, the most in the country.
- UConn has six wins against Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 22nd-most in the nation.
- Against Quadrant 3 teams, the Huskies are 8-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 26th-most wins.
UConn 2022-23 Best Wins
- 86-79 over Iowa (No. 3/AP Poll) on November 27
- 83-76 at home over Texas (No. 15/AP Poll) on November 14
- 67-56 over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on March 6
- 63-58 at home over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on January 29
- 60-51 on the road over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on February 18
Baylor Schedule Analysis
- When the Bears beat the Villanova Wildcats (No. 10 in the AP's Top 25) on November 26 by a score of 75-70, it was their best victory of the season so far.
- Against Quadrant 1 teams, the Bears are 6-10 (.375%) -- tied for the 23rd-most wins, but also tied for the 24th-most defeats.
- Based on the RPI, the Huskies have eight wins over Quadrant 3 opponents, tied for the 26th-most in the country.
Baylor 2022-23 Best Wins
- 75-70 over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on November 26
- 63-54 on the road over Texas (No. 15/AP Poll) on February 27
- 76-70 on the road over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on February 4
- 81-70 on the road over Oklahoma (No. 16/AP Poll) on January 3
- 75-62 on the road over Kansas (No. 38) on January 7
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
UConn Performance Insights
- The Huskies average 76.3 points per game (26th in college basketball) while giving up 58.4 per contest (43rd in college basketball). They have a +625 scoring differential overall and outscore opponents by 17.9 points per game.
- UConn is averaging 73.5 points per game this season in conference games, which is 2.8 fewer points per game than its overall average (76.3).
- The Huskies put up 78.6 points per game at home, compared to 72.8 points per game on the road, a difference of 5.8 points per contest.
- When playing at home, UConn is giving up 0.1 fewer points per game (58.3) than on the road (58.4).
- In their last 10 games, the Huskies have been putting up 69.7 points per contest, an average that's slightly lower than the 76.3 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
Baylor Performance Insights
- The Bears outscore opponents by 9.1 points per game (posting 72.2 points per game, 56th in college basketball, and conceding 63.1 per contest, 141st in college basketball) and have a +291 scoring differential.
- Baylor has averaged 2.6 fewer points in Big 12 games (69.6) than overall (72.2).
- In 2022-23 the Bears are averaging 3.1 more points per game at home (73.1) than on the road (70.0).
- At home, Baylor allows 57.3 points per game. On the road, it gives up 67.8.
- The Bears are putting up 68.7 points per game over their last 10 games, which is 3.5 fewer points than their average for the season (72.2).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.