Oxford issues boil water notice after water main break
OXFORD, Miss. (WMC) - Oxford Utilities has issued a boil water notice for certain areas after a water main broke Tuesday morning along Highway 7S.
Officials say the break took place near the intersection of County Road 401.
The break has since been repaired, but a boil water notice has been issued as the city pends testing results.
Customers are advised to exercise the following:
- Do not drink tap water.
- Do not use ice made from recent tap water.
- Do not use tap water to make drinks, juices, or fountain soft drinks.
- Cook with tap water ONLY if food is boiled for at least one minute.
- Wash dishes, fruits and vegetables in boiled water or water that has been disinfected with bleach. Using your home dishwasher is not recommended.
- Brush your teeth with boiled or bottled water.
- Wash your hands and bathe as usual. Bathing is safe as long as no water is swallowed.
- Wash laundry as usual. Laundry washed in hot or cold water is safe.
The city will be collecting water samples to be tested by the Mississippi Department of Health. Results should be available on Thursday.
See a map of affected areas below:
Click here to sign up for our newsletter!
Click here to report a spelling or grammar error. Please include the headline.
Copyright 2023 WMC. All rights reserved.