Covington takes heavy damage from storms: How you can help
COVINGTON, Tenn. (WMC) - After severe weather ripped through the Mid-South on Friday, multiple roads are closed in Covington, Tenn., according to Covington Police Department.
Roadways that are currently closed due to weather damage include:
- Old Memphis Road from Mueller Brass Road to Junior Drive
- Mueller Brass Road near the National Guard Armory
- Jack Bennett Road at Indian Creek Road
- Highway 51 at Jack Bennett Road
- Liberty Church Road
- Highway 54 from Highway 179 to Cotton Lake Road
- Burnett Road from Highway 50 to Highway 179
- Lindsey Road
Drivers are advised to avoid these areas so that search and rescue teams can work.
Meanwhile, Covington Police Department has set up a command post at Cobb Parr Park at 10 a.m. Saturday for anyone who wants to donate water, toiletries, baby necessities, non perishable food, snacks, cleaning supplies, gloves, pet food, pet bedding, and dust masks. No clothes are currently needed.
On Sunday at 10 a.m., they will gather again at Cobb Parr Park to organize volunteers to help with cleanup of damaged areas. They ask that any volunteers bring gloves, chainsaws, reflective vests and boots.
Click here to sign up for our newsletter!
Click here to report a spelling or grammar error. Please include the headline.
Copyright 2023 WMC. All rights reserved.