MLGW to distribute water Tuesday amid boil notice
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - A boil water notice remains in effect for all MLGW customers.
The company issued a statement Sunday evening detailing its efforts to restore water pressure.
They say 15 pipe breaks occurred at businesses on Sunday, which can lead to reduced pressure within the system.
MLGW says wells and pumping stations had their pressure significantly increased Sunday, as a temporary measure to get water through to customers. The pressure has since been scaled back down to increase volume to their reservoirs.
On Monday night, MLGW issued a statement announcing that the company will distribute water on Tuesday morning from 10:00 a.m. to noon (or whenever supplies run out) at the following locations:
- Pleasant Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 4813 Benjestown Road.
- Hickory Ridge Mall, 6075 Winchester Road.
MLGW volunteers distributed 1,600 cases of bottled water Monday afternoon. All customers receiving water from MLGW are under a precautionary boil water advisory until further notice.
Residential customers should limit water usage by:
- Not washing vehicles
- Washing clothes and dishes only when necessary and by hand using a dishpan if possible.
- Not letting the water run while shaving.
- Take short showers instead of tub baths.
- Not using water to defrost frozen foods.
- Sweeping driveways, sidewalks and steps rather than hosing off.
Commercial and Industrial Customers should limit water usage by:
- Not flushing without any systems unless necessary
- Cutting back to 75% usage unless the water is needed for the production of goods and services.
- Any nurseries, garden centers, etc. should only use the amount of water necessary to keep plants alive.
Click here to sign up for our newsletter!
Click here to report a spelling or grammar error. Please include the headline.
Copyright 2022 WMC. All rights reserved.