NWS confirms 9 tornadoes hit Mississippi in March, over 80 Mid-South homes damaged
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - The National Weather Service confirms at least nine tornadoes swept through Mississippi Wednesday leaving a path of destruction behind.
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says its working to assess the damage from the spring storm.
So far, over 80 Mid-South homes were damaged not to mention dozens more across the state of Mississippi, according to MEMA.
Here’s a breakdown of damages from Mississippi counties in the Mid-South region impacted by the storm:
- Coahoma – 15 homes; 1 business
- DeSoto – 5 homes; 1 business
- Lafayette – 4 homes; 2 businesses; 1 injured
- Marshall – 4 homes
- Panola- 57 homes; 1 business; 1 injured
MEMA says 32 counties have reported some type of damage in their area and 17 counties have provided preliminary damage numbers.
MEMA encourages residents who’ve sustained damage to do the following after a severe weather event:
- File an insurance claim
- Take photos of the damage to the home
- Report damage to county/MEMA via the self-report tool
- For information on resources, contact the county EMA or call the MEMA call center: 1-800-445-6362.
Copyright 2022 WMC. All rights reserved.
Click here to sign up for our newsletter!
Click here to report a spelling or grammar error. Please include the headline.