Weekly Report: Arkansas Dept. of Health monitoring COVID-19
A weekly update on the coronavirus outbreak in Arkansas, as well as links to local and national stories, and tips on prevention and care.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KAIT) - The Arkansas Department of Health is monitoring the spread of COVID-19 weekly.
As of Tuesday, April 12, according to the ADH website, in the last 7 days there were:
- 1,496 new cases
- 838,971 total cases of COVID-19 in Arkansas
- 2.527 active cases (+471)
- 825,467 recoveries
- 11,418 total deaths (+9)
- 56 currently hospitalized (-8)
- 6 on ventilators (-6)
- 4,076,401 vaccination doses give (+9,617)
- 376,151 partially immunized (+498)
- 1,592,240 fully immunized (+1,660)
- 6,901,999 people total have been tested
- 6,038,672 people have tested negative
The counties with the most new cases in the last 7 days:
- Pulaski: 336
- Washington: 181
- Benton: 150
Region 8 counties reporting positive cases of COVID-19 include:
Nursing Homes: For the latest report on COVID-19 cases among Arkansas nursing home residents and staff, click here.
The ADH has released an interactive map of COVID-19′s spread throughout the state, including the number of cases, recoveries, and deaths by county.
For a national county-by-county interactive map, based on per capita COVID-19 cases, go here: https://bit.ly/COVIDpercapita »
For questions concerning the coronavirus, the ADH has established a call center staffed by health care providers.
Between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., those with urgent and non-urgent questions should call 1-800-803-7847.
After 4:30 p.m., urgent calls needing an immediate response should call 501-661-2136.
- March 11, 2020: Gov. Asa Hutchinson announces the first “presumptive case” of coronavirus in the state.
- March 19, 2020: Craighead County records its first case of COVID-19.
- March 24, 2020: First death reported in Arkansas
- April 9, 2020: Jonesboro orders emergency COVID-19 curfew
- April 15, 2020: First COVID-19 death reported in Craighead County
Copyright 2022 KAIT. All rights reserved.